Question:
Should the government change its tacticts on the war on drugs?
ski_bum_2006
2006-05-24 13:31:50 UTC
Im not promoting the legalization but should the government take a different approach that is more cost effective and produces more results? how?
Five answers:
ShortCircuit
2006-05-24 13:35:15 UTC
yes! dude!
Sam F
2006-05-24 20:58:09 UTC
Since when does our war on drugs cost thousands of lives?? And a schedule 1 drug is put there for a reason...if there is no known medical benefit it is a closed case. I see where some of the answers are coming from and god I only hope they are referring to Marijuana... If you want it removed from its current level you need to make your voice heard by your federal representatives.
sanangel
2006-05-24 21:27:14 UTC
well something is not working... i know drugs on the streets are bad but i have been told that you can get drugs even in prison... how does this happen...i have knowledge of the pros and cons of marajuana but i believe their is a lot of damage that is happening to families and innocent people that get involved with those that are using and addicted to drugs. they can not be trusted.. they lie, they steal, prostitute theirself and drugs just needs to be done away with but the question is how....i had one son involved in drugs and i know he was a changed person... i still do not trust him much anymore and he is out of prison..but i have also been told those drug rehabilitation places teaches them more about drugs...what is the sense of that???/
2006-05-24 20:40:14 UTC
yes they should.

how? by ending this racist 'war' that has cost thousands of lives and billions of dollars.

I don't advocate legalization either. I advocate reorganization of DEA's Drug Schedule and decriminalization of certain drugs that have real medical value.
telcozuba
2006-05-24 21:09:48 UTC
probably, more focus on hard drugs, legalize pot, to take the criminal element out of it. allow spec ops to take on the cartels directly