Question:
How can I locate ex-husband in Florida,does not pay childsupport, is working off books and I have his SS#?
gmckee
2006-05-22 11:08:45 UTC
How can I locate ex-husband in Florida,does not pay childsupport, is working off books and I have his SS#?
Six answers:
One
2006-05-29 01:13:34 UTC
There is not much you can do if he chooses to hide by working off the books. Most child support collections involves collection through regular salary. If you push for prosecution, the court might issue a warrant for his arrest and hold him until he pays his child support.
2006-05-22 11:20:35 UTC
If he is working off the books than unfortunately no agency will be able to put a garnishment against his wages! If you in fact have a child support case open then contact the state of FL if they are the ones enforcing the order and demand for the case to be set up for court enforcement. Child support has access to different systems to locate absent parents- parent locator, lexis nexxus, social security, DMV, new hire, postal service, etc, etc...

Child support will only be able to set case for court if he is residing in their state and they have a verified address on him- child support needs confirmation by the local postal office as proof of residence. Once the case goes to court you can put a request for a lump sum payment and possibly a warrant stipulation in the order where in the future if he fails to make consecutive support payments for the agency to issue a warrant for his arrest. As long as he is not disabled there is no excuse why this man will not be enforced to make his payments-

In case you dont have a child support case open, contact your local court house and get in contact with family court or whatever division in FL in charge of child support and file for a petition to open a case.
Just a friend.
2006-05-22 11:13:10 UTC
Not very bright are you. Why would you have made a baby with such a jerk to begin with?

There is a reason he is working off the books. Even if you do find him, you can't garnish his wages. If he is off the books having his SS# won't help. Try to find someone he knows that will rat him out and tell you where he is. At least that is a start.
2006-05-22 11:11:02 UTC
The best way is to have The Salvation Army find him. Contact the nearest large facility for details. They found my dad for me for $5.
working mom of 3
2006-05-22 13:52:48 UTC
email me his info. I found one for a friend. topofthehillfarm@yahoo.com No promises, tho
Tom Fry
2006-05-22 11:11:52 UTC
try the DMV if he has a drivers license they probly have his address